7/10/2015

Summer Workout Routine

Hello! So today I thought I would show you some pictures of my workout routine that I do during the summer. For some reason I'm always in the best shape during the summer, therefore, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite exercises :). Before you say, "But Jess, all these pictures were taken inside. I thought this was supposed to be a summer workout routine." It was raining like crazy all day yesterday (when I took these photos :/). I really was hoping that I would be able to give you some nice outside pictures, but mother nature said otherwise. And without further ado, let's get into it.


First off, I love listening to music while I run, especially when I run outside. However, if I'm using a treadmill I usually end up watching YouTube videos while I'm running. It makes the time go way faster!


If I work out, I almost always do some form of cardio. I typically workout 5-6 days a week, and most of those include cardio. However, I like to switch up the forms of cardio I do. If I'm running short on time, I do intervals on the treadmill. I put the treadmill on speed 7.8 mph, with an incline of 2.0. Then, for 20 minutes I run intervals. I'll run for 30 seconds, and then I use the bars to lift my feet off the conveyer belt and place them on the sides to rest for the next 30 seconds. It definitely makes you sweat, and you totally feel it afterwards. If I have more time or I feel like having an easier workout, I will usually take my dog on a 35-45 minute fast paced walk through my neighborhood. This is actually more tiring than it sounds haha. And then sometimes I just feel like going for a 25-30 minute jog through my neighborhood.


Tada! All done with running! No better feeling on the planet :)


Usually before I go to bed I do 50 squats and 50 calf raises. I cannot even say how much this really helps my legs and butt in the summer.


Some days I'll just do my favorite abs video and no cardio (or if I'm feeling really adventurous, I'll do both!). The video is the Insanity Workout Cardio Abs. I love it because it not only gives me amazing results (I mean I've never gotten a six-pack from it, but it totally helps reduce belly fat, and makes your core stronger), but it's also a full body workout. It incorporates a variety of movements that not only work your abs, but your entire core. Talk about a win! (I'm not actually watching the video in this picture. I just thought I would share one of the moves with you)

Well I hope you enjoyed this post! Have an awesome summer! (And yes, I did match my sport bra to my shorts haha no shame ;P) Hugs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment