12/20/2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Yes, I am a Star Wars nerd/fan. Last night, my family and I went to see the new Star Wars movie, and to me it was better than I thought (wayyy better). I'm usually really skeptical when it comes to movie franchises wanting to make a new film out of an old series because most of the time they are just in it for the money. However, Star Wars was actually a really good film! I'm going to try not to leave any spoilers, so if my explanations are vague I apologize. I loved the new characters! Although to be honest, give me a kick ass heroine and I'm happy any day :). The new characters differed from the original movies in personality, and were introduced in a way that made the plot flow not randomly inserted. The heroine's backstory wasn't very original, but it did have it's twists. I thought the plot deviated from the original trilogy enough to make it exciting and not a copy cat, but had enough of the old plot line to satisfy nostalgia. It was a good mix of new story with some history repeating itself. I also enjoyed how the old characters (Leia, Han Solo, and Luke Skywalker) didn't play their younger selves all over again. For example, Han was still super sarcastic, but he had matured somewhat. I find this is what happens in a lot of movies that create another sequel to old films. The original characters still play the younger version of themselves, and it really doesn't suit the actor's age. I am really excited for the next one to come out to see if they hold up the precedent they set with this movie :).







Shirt from Francesca's Collection, pants from Nordstrom, shoes from Target.

Hugs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment