12/18/2015

Green Smoothie Recipe

Good morning! This was my breakfast today, and doesn't it look super yummy?? I wish I had a cute straw to put in it for a prettier picture, but it still tasted good haha. I love smoothies because they are so filling and super healthy! And homemade smoothies are so much healthier than store bought ones. Usually I'll have them for lunch rather than breakfast just because I'm not a fan of big, filling breakfasts early in the morning. But I had a bunch of bananas and some avocados I needed to use up so a smoothie was perfect for today :). They also make for really pretty pictures too haha. I don't have a blender at school (although I really need to get one), so noe that I'm home I can finally try out some new recipes! I can't wait to try and make an acai bowl over break! They look so pretty, taste so good, and are really good for you too! I love experimenting with flavors and the just right ratios of all the fruits and veggies to make an amazing smoothie. It really is hard sometimes to get that perfect blend, and I've messed up more often than not haha. But I promise, this one is good! You'll need banana, pineapple, avocado, spinach/kale mix, soy milk, lemon or orange juice, and ice.


- 1 ripe banana

- a large handful of pineapple

- 1 handful of spinach/kale mix

- 1/2 an avocado

- 1 1/2 tbs of lemon/orange juice 

- 6 ice cubes

- 1/4 cup soy milk

Pour it in a glass or bowl and decorate it however you like! I used a fresh slice of pineapple :)


Let me know what you guys think if you try it out!

Hugs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment