5/14/2015

Feeling Green Today

Hello lovely readers! I am back home, finally, after a year away at school. Althogh, I already miss my friends from school :( and cannot wait to see them again! But I am so ready for summer! Some R&R is definitely needed here for sure. Today I woke up, scrolled through Instagram, and threw on some comfy clothes. Then I went downstairs to have some breakfast. And I decided to make myself a green smoothie. Honestly, the only green thing in it is spinach, and you can't even taste it haha. So I threw in a whole banana, a handful of spinach, an entire apple, and some pieces of pineapple. I decided to put it in this cute mason jar because sometimes I like to pretend my life is like tumblr haha.




You can't really tell it's green because the jar is pink, but I promise it's green haha. 

After breakfast, I decided to kick my summer off with a hair mask I like to make to hydrate my hair. My hair is really long now and I want to be sure to keep it long and healthy :). This is actually a really easy recipe. I used 1/2 an avocado (I would use 1/4 is your hair is short), about 1/3 cup mayo (I would use 1/4 cup if you have short hair), 1 egg, and 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and honey. I first smashed the avocado with a fork in a bowl. Then, I added the egg and mayo and mixed it until it was creamy. And finally, added the honey and olive oil, and then stirred those in as well. Now comes the tricky part: applying it without making a total mess haha. I would definitely do this over a sink or in the shower, and make sure to wear a shirt you don't care about. I start from my roots and work the mixture down until I reach my tips taking small handfuls of the mask as needed. Don't be shy with applying it! After that, I take a hair tie and place my hair in a bun on top of my head. Then, I just let it sit for at least an hour and wash it out. It really makes your hair shiny and soft :)




No comments:

Post a Comment