10/16/2015

Last Weekend through my Phone

Hey! Here are a bunch of pictures from my iPhone that I took while I was in St. Louis. I didn't take any pictures of the food I ate because while it looked super pretty, I was just too hungry to not dig in right away. Haha priorities people. But without further ado, I will show you my weekend :)

Here are some of the Clydesdales from the Budweiser brewery. They are definitely some of the most beautiful horses I have ever seen (but they should be because i think the tour guide said they get around 5 hours of grooming a day?!?!). Their coats are amazingly shiny, and the colors are just gorgeous. There were more in the stable that were huge too! It was crazy how a horse could be so big!



These next pictures are from the Cathedral downtown. This was one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen or been in. It was absolutely awe inspiring. The whole ceiling and all the pictures in it are made entirely out of tiny mosaic tiles. The intricacy of each of the faces and the patterns is phenomenal. I can't even imagine how long it must have taken for that to be completed. 






This is the cover over the alter. I'm not exactly sure what purpose it is supposed to serve, but the stonework on it is amazing. I wish I could have gotten the picture while it was still lit up, but they turned it off right as I was reaching for my phone :(. There are at least four different kinds of marble for the columns, and on the tops you can sort of see have very fancy carving.


This is a picture from one of the four or five side chapels. It is again made entirely out of mosaic tiles, and here you can see some of the patterning better.


Here is a picture I took on the ride home driving through Indiana/Ohio. The trees were absolutely gorgeous! This was one of the times where I look at Ohio and actually think how beautiful it is here (believe me it doesn't happen very often haha). I actually missed the exit we were supposed to get off of, and so we really did end up taking the scenic route haha.

As always, Hugs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment