12/24/2015

Cleveland Museum of Art

Hello! Yesterday I spent the afternoon at the art museum with Ryan. It was really fun! I love the art museum. They currently have an exhibition on Impressionism called Pianting the Modern Garden: Monet through Matisse. The exhibit focuses primarily on Monet's work, which I loved because my favorite artist is Monet.  The Impressionist movement is definitely my favorite style. The colors are soft and beautiful. And the way the light plays across the picture is just stunning. Impressionists were amazing at capturing the softness of the sunlight and the way it reflects on the water. I wasn't able to take any pictures in the special exhibit because it's just one of the rules. However, the first photo here is one of two Monet's from the normal part of the art museum. I took Ryan through the modern art portion of the museum first. Modern art is really something you have to learn about to understand. It's more about the concepts behind the art than the art itself. For example, Picasso attempted to show the objects in the painting from every aspect. This way he would create an experience for the viewer, not just a pretty picture to look at.  Ryan wasn't a big fan haha. But neither was I until I understood modern art. I took him to the armory where the museum has a room dedicated to medieval armor and weapons. Then we looked at the neoclassical portion of the museum with the large historical paintings dedicated mostly to scenes from the Iliad and the Odyssey. Ryan enjoyed that because he really likes ancient Greek mythology. It was a really fun trip through the museum :). I can't wait to go back.


By Monet


Neoclassical depiction of the Muses and Apollo


By Pablo Picasso



By Georgia O'Keefe


The Atrium at the art museum


This was actually done by the son of the founder of Tiffany and Co.

 And here was my outfit from the museum.



Sorry for the photo bomb, but there were just so many great pieces of art.

Hugs <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment