12/08/2015

Raise Boys and Girls the Same Way

Hello! Today was another day of studying. Although to be honest, I couldn't even really tell you what I read. Text book reading is really hard sometimes... Ugh. Sociology is a really fascinating subject though! It makes you think about things in a way that you never would have, or questions things that we simply take for the way things have always been. Such as, why are boys not allowed to play with girls toys and vice versa, when both boys and girls will actually play with anything when they are young? It's just cool to think about. We are socialized to play with gendered toys when we are young; girls with dolls, boys with sports. There's a sort of popular t-shirt that says 'Raise boys and girls the same way'. And I never really thought about how differently we are raised as kids based on our gender. I do actually agree with the t-shirt that says we should raise boys and girls the same way because I think it really would solve a lot of problems. We would be able to understand each other as human beings, not as just boys or girls. It's a really fascinating thought. I didn't mean to go on a rant about that haha. But maybe it'll spark some thoughts in you as well??

Tonight's sunset was beautiful! I'm so happy I was able to capture it on camera! Oxford seriously has some of the prettiest sunsets I've ever seen. It's sometimes better than the ones on a beach... sometimes.




Hugs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment