12/15/2015

Vegan Mac and Cheese Box Review

Heyyy! So for lunch today I decided to try some vegan mac and cheese from the box. I bought two different kinds, and I used the Daiya brand today. I'll save the Earth Balance brand for another day. To be honest I was pretty nervous about trying these because vegan and mac and cheese are completely opposite from each other haha. But there are a lot of really good vegan dupe recipes out there, so there was hope! It cooks pretty much the same as regular mac and cheese from a box (which was great!). I boiled the water, then added the noodles in and cooked those for 7-8 minutes. The noodles tasted like normal mac and cheese noodles. After the noodles were done, I strained them and added the 'cheese' sauce. It came in a packet like Velveeta mac and cheese. I will say, it didn't taste exactly like the normal cheesy sauce, but it wasn't bad once I got used to it. It was definitely more tart/sour than the normal cheese, but for a girl who loves sour things, it was all good. The consistency of the sauce was on point though! Haha it was super creamy and gooey. Mmm yumm!

This morning I ran some errands for myself and my mom. It was so nice to get everything accomplished by 11:30! I love getting things done ahead of schedule :). Today I think I'll take some pictures so I'll have some for this weekend and a few days this week. I got some new stuff over Thanksgiving break that I meant to show you the past week or two, but finals just sort of killed all my free time :/. It's pretty overcast out today so the lighting won't be the prettiest, but it'll have a 'winter vibe' right...?






Hugs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment