1/18/2016

Love, Honor,Truth Canvas

Calling all sorority girls! Haha. So I was telling you how I made a canvas for my future 'Little' yesterday. Annddd here it is! I thought it turned out really nice. I basically copied the design from Pinterest, but I changed the color scheme from blues and greens to purples. I also added a little glitter glue which I thought was fun :). A little sparkle never hurt anybody right?? It was super simple to make. The hardest part was the quatrefoil and the writing. First I painted the entire canvas a solid color. Then I took a piece of printer paper and folded it in half longways and short ways, so that the folds made a cross. I took a ruler and put two dots 8 inches apart on the lines that were created from the folding. I then measured the points of the quatrefoil using the ruler. I made each 1 inch and tried to make the angles as even as possible. I then connected the points with the rounded parts. I eyeballed that as best I could, and if you look closely you can tell they aren't exactly even. I then cut out the quatrefoil and traced it with pencil on the dry canvas. I then put the general form of the words inside the quatrefoil with pencil. Ad just painted over the pencil. After that, the dots were really easy. I took a small paint brush and made rows of dots in different shades all around the quatrefoil. I also made one row glitter dots with some glitter glue. I hope this wasn't too confusing! If you have any questions, please comment below :).


I wanted to make the background of the canvas nice and simple, but the colors got washed out a bit. The one below is how it really looks.


Hugs <3


No comments:

Post a Comment