1/07/2016

Vegan Banana Pancakes

Hi there! This morning I felt like making something for breakfast, and not just eating cereal or yogurt or soothing like that. I've really wanted to try banana pancakes for awhile because I love bananas and pancakes. So what's better than combining the two?! I should probably have turned into a monkey with how many bananas I normally eat haha. I went on Pinterest, which is my favorite place to find new recipes, and searched vegan banana pancakes. After looking through a few of them, I decided to try this recipe http://www.sprinklewithsalt.com/2015/01/25/banana-pancakes/.

1 cup ground oats (I used flour)
1 smashed banana
1/4 cup milk or non-dairy milk of your choice
1 tbsp oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder

It had more ingredients than some of the others, but the cinnamon, vanilla, and maple syrup really made a difference. The pancakes were sweet and you could definitely taste the cinnamon. The cinnamon and banana really go nicely together. Instead of the ground oats, I used flower because I don't have a food processor. I needed to add about an extra 1/4 cup of soy milk and another tablespoon of maple syrup because the batter was too thick. I'm guessing it was because I used regular flour. Then you cook them in a skillet like normal pancakes, and you have breakfast! The banana pancakes were a bit chewier than regular pancakes, but that might've been because the batter was thicker. I think you could thin out the batter by adding more liquid and not affect anything. They tasted great anyway :).




I topped mine with maple syrup and fruit, but you can use whatever your favorite topping is!

Hugs <3

No comments:

Post a Comment